For the first time, I can rest my quest for a reliable gel liner. I’ve used every primer on the market, and I still run into gel liners that give me the most chopped up faded wing of all time. I have slightly hooded, oily eyes. Liquid liner tends to flake right off or just have holes of missing product from eye movements creasing the makeup. Nothing ever met my standards (or my particular skin needs) till the Nars Eye Paint. (angel choirs singing)
Reasons for my obsession:
- Long wearing: Most especially with Benefit Stay Don’t Stray Eye Primer or just layering a Mac Paint Pot with a nude eyeshadow as a base.
- Creamy: It glides smoothly when I apply it with my angled brush. It doesn’t catch the skin making really dotty lines.
- Color: Its very black. Blackest I’ve ever used. Enough said.
- Texture: I’ve heard people say its wetter than other gel liners. But I feel like this only works in its favor. Its really not any wetter than the Maybelline Gel liner. It also stays creamy and moist for a very long period of time. Gel liners do tend to have a short shelf life. I’ve had that problem with Mac Black track liner. I found it dried out to a texture that I didn’t enjoy using, much too quickly.
- Waterproof: Clearly, as I usually end up with Courtney Love eyes with every other eyeliner. But for some reason its not hard to wash off at the end of the night. It kind of blows me away.
- I got nothing – I’m in love
Its summer. I can do my cat eye, sweat and not think twice. This is a kit must have.